Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants will need to have a number of documents sent to the Office of Admissions. These include transcripts and evidence of English-language proficiency. All support documentation should be either the original documents or notarized copies. Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations.
If you are applying for an undergraduate degree program—either as a first-year applicant or as a transfer student—you will need to submit the following material:
- A completed undergraduate admissions Application Form
- High school diploma from an accredited high school or foreign secondary school equivalent
- Official diploma, transcripts, and certificates of all secondary and post-secondary schools attended. These documents may be sent directly from the issuing institution to Hellenic American University, or the applicant may receive them in a sealed envelope and submit them with the application. The sealed envelope(s) must not have been opened before receipt by Hellenic American University in order for the transcript to be valid
- Evidence of proficiency in English, if your native language is not English. See the separate section on English-language Proficiency for a list of language certificates and test results that the University accepts as such evidence
- The required personal essay that is included in the application form. The essay gives you an opportunity to discuss your goals and reasons for studying in a program of Hellenic American University
- Two Recommendation letters
- A copy of the applicant’s driver’s license or a state or federal government-issued identity card
- A non-refundable application fee of $36
SAT and ACT scores, although not required, will assist your acceptance decision.
Making sure that the material you submit is accurate and complete will help you avoid unnecessary delays in the admissions process. The Office of Admissions does not return application materials to the applicant once they have been submitted.
If you are applying for admission and your native language is not English, you will need to submit evidence of proficiency in English. You can submit any of the following certificates and test results:
- A high school Diploma and/or transcripts from an institution whose language of instruction is English
- International Baccalaureate Certificate or Diploma
- General Certificate of Secondary Education Certificate (GCSE)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum iBT total score of 80
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) with minimum score of 750
- Michigan English Language Assessment (MELAB) with a minimum score of 77
- University of Michigan Certificate of Competency in English (ECCE)
- University of Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Hellenic American University Advanced Level Certificate in English (ALCE)
You will need to make your own arrangements to take the test and have the results forwarded to Hellenic American University.
The University has a Mathematics Placement requirement, which is discussed in the Hellenic American University online catalog in the General Education section on Mathematics and Analytics.